No future meetings scheduled.
Commission on the 21st Century Economy
Testimony from the Meeting on April 9, 2009
A video recording of the Committee meeting is available here, as well as documents and presentations presented at the meeting.
Presentations from the April 9 Meeting
- "Ending the Revenue Rollercoaster, Flat Tax Reform for California"Robert P. Murphy, Senior Fellow in Business and Economic Studies
- "Tax Fairness and Economic Growth"Robert S. McIntyre, Director, Citizens for Tax Justice in Washington D.C.
- "Balancing Taxes, Funding, Economic Growth"Richard Sims, Chief Economist, National Education Association
- "A Split Property Tax Roll, A Brief Summary"" Richard S. Moon, Board of Equalization, Legal Department
- "Property Tax" Lawrence E. Stone, Assessor, County of Santa Clara
- "Addressing Property Tax Issues: Rational Discussion in a Charged Enivronment"Lenny Goldberg, California Tax Reform Association
Economic Effects of Adopting a Split-Roll Property Tax"
Statement William G. Hamm, Ph.D.
- "Split Roll Property Tax Implications For California" Steven B. Frates, President, CGA
- "An Analysis of A Split Roll Property Tax in California" Steven B. Frates, President, CGA
- "Economic Effect of A Split Roll Property Tax in California" Terri Sexton, Center for State and Local Taxation
- "Tax Goals, Principles and Options" Staff, Commission on the 21st Century Economy
Public Speakers from the April 9 Meeting
Testimony by public speakers is available in the video and transcript of this meeting.