No future meetings scheduled.
Commission on the 21st Century Economy
Testimony from the Meeting on January 22, 2009
A video recording of the Committee meeting is available here, as well as documents and presentations presented at the meeting.
Presentations from the January 22 Meeting
- "Overview of California's Tax and Revenue System" : Phil Spilberg, Chief, Financial Research, State of California, Department of Finance
- "Perspectives on California's Revenue Structure" : Mac Taylor, Legislative Analyst, State of California, Legislative Analyst Office
- "Tax Policy is Economic Policy" : Jed Kolko, Associate Director and Research Fellow, Public Policy Institute of California
- "Overview of Tax and Revenue Systems in Other States" : Scott Pattison, Executive Director, National Association of State Budget Officers
- "State Taxes and Economic Turmoil" : Jim Eads, Executive Director, Federation of Tax Administrators
Public Speakers from the January 22 meeting
Testimony by public speakers is available in the video and transcript of this meeting.
- Roger Gordon, Professor of Economics, UC San Diego