No future meetings scheduled.
Commission on the 21st Century Economy
Articles relevant to the Commission's work are available in this section. These documents represent a broad range of perspectives and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Commission or its staff.
- Ventura County Star: Timm Herdt: "A way to stabilize California"
- California Taxpayers' Association: "Tax Commission's First Hearing: Goal to Reduce Volatility May Be Members' Only Common View"
- Sacramento Bee: "Tax overhaul panel facing daunting task"
- Fox & Hounds Daily: "California Needs A Flat Tax to Solve its Budget Problem"
- Online Media Daily: "Court Upholds 'Amazon Tax"
- The Policy Report: "California’s Lopsided Income Tax System"
- David Crane, Special Advisor, Office of the Governor: "Jobs and the Economy", November 2008
- Annette Nellen, Tax Professor: "Finally — California Commission on the 21st Century Economy"
- George Skelton, Los Angeles Times: "California's Assembly speaker sets her sights on fixing the tax system", July 2008
- Governing Magazine: "Growth and Taxes", January 2008
- Annette Nellen, Tax Professor: "Improving the US and California tax systems"